Our guide is designed to help parents, educators, and librarians find books that will inspire and engage young readers, and align with their child's interests and reading level. Give your 5th grader the gift of a new story.
- "Charlotte's Web" by E.B. White - Follow the friendship between a pig named Wilbur and a spider named Charlotte as they work together to save Wilbur's life.
- "The Magic Tree House" series by Mary Pope Osborne - Join Jack and Annie as they travel through time and space on adventures in a magical tree house.
- "The Secret Series" by Enid Blyton - Join Julian, Dick, Anne, and George as they solve mysteries and have adventures in the countryside.
- "The Indian in the Cupboard" by Lynne Reid Banks - Discover the magic and friendship when a young boy gets a cupboard that turns his toys into living creatures.
- "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" by Mark Twain - Join Tom Sawyer as he gets into mischief and adventures in the small town of St. Petersburg, Missouri.
- "The Secret of the Old Clock" by Carolyn Keene - Join Nancy Drew as she helps her friends to solve a mystery and find a missing will.
- "The Boxcar Children" by Gertrude Chandler Warner - Follow the adventures of four orphaned siblings who make a home for themselves in an abandoned boxcar.
- "The Hobbit" by J.R.R Tolkien - Join Bilbo Baggins as he goes on an adventure with a group of dwarves to reclaim their homeland from a dragon.
- "The Secret Keepers" by Trenton Lee Stewart - A young boy discovers a powerful and valuable secret, and must avoid those who would use it for evil.
- "Where the Sidewalk Ends" by Shel Silverstein - A collection of poetry and drawings that will take you on a journey through the imagination.
Empower your 5th grader's reading journey with our curated list of top 10 books, which are designed to inspire and engage young readers while aligning with their interests and reading level.